If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
For Whole Wheat Brown Sugar Pie Crust
- 1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 1 Egg
- 1 Egg for Egg Wash (dilute with water)
- 3 tablespoons Ice Water
- 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 1/2 cups Cherries, pitted and halved
- 1/3 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Squeezed Lime Juice
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, salt, cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons of brown sugar.
- Transfer mixture to a stand mixer and with the paddle attachments slowly add butter, 1 table spoon at a time. Mix until the dough is crumbly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together egg yolk, vanilla, and apple cider vinegar. Slowly pour combined mixture in to standing mixture on low.
- Continuing on low speed, add in ice water one tablespoon at a time. Mix until dough has all come together.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knead with hands until the dough is smooth. Roll dough in to ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Allow it to chill in the refrigerator for at least half an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- While dough is chilling, in a large bowl combine cherries, brown sugar, flour and lime juice.
- Using a potato masher or back of a large spoon, mash a few times (this should only be done a few times, you want only a small portion to be mashed). Set aside.
- Once dough has chilled, roll out on a floured surface. Your dough should be a twelve in round circle. Once complete, transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place cherry filling on to the center of the dough, making sure to leave two to two and a half inches around the border. Fold the edges up over the filling, partially covering it and creating pleats around the galette.
- Brush the dough with egg wash and sprinkle to galette with tablespoon of brown sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 - 40 minutes or until the crust begins to brown, checking frequently.