If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Dairy free caramel tarts with no refined sugar and a base of just coconut, cacao and maple syrup. So delicious you would never think they were this healthy! —kidseatbyshanai
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 70 gallons coconut oil
- 80 grams maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 510 grams coconut cream
- 150 grams maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- pinch salt
- Pre heat oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl combine the desiccated coconut and cacao.
- saucepan melt the coconut oil and maple syrup, then add to the bowl and mix well.
- Using wet fingertips, press mixture in to the bases of a mini muffin tin to form little cases.
- Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool completely in muffin tins. Once cooled, remove from tray ready to be filled.
- Place all filling ingredients into a saucepan over med-high heat and gently simmer for 50-60 minutes stirring regularly (every 2 minutes or so).
- Remove from heat once caramel is quite thick, remembering mixture will thicken on cooling. Allow to cool down to room temperature before pouring into tart shells.
- Add a teaspoon of caramel into each tart base and set in the fridge. These are best served on the same day to keep the bases crunchy.