Author Notes: We love apples and this has just the right amount of tartness and sweetness. It's so easy and uses my favorite pre-made ingredient, puffed pastry, which I always keep on hand.. Your house will smell amazing! —BerryBaby
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 35 min
Granny Smith apples = 2 c. sliced
Pepperidge Farms pastry sheet
Fresh lemon juice from one lemon
teaspoon Ground cinnamon
teaspoon Ground clove (optional)
tablespoon White granulated sugar(divided)
tablespoon Sweet butter (divided)
cup Dried cranberries (re-hydrated)
Powder sugar (optional
- Prepare cookie sheet, line with parchment paper.
- Remove thawed dough (thaw overnight IN REFRIGERATOR).
- Cut into four pieces and place each piece on parchment and return to refrigerator to keep cold.
- Slice apples into 1/8-1/4" slices (your preference), place in bowl and toss with the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle in cinnamon and clove tossing to coat apples.
- Arrange apples slightly overlapping (see photo) on each pastry piece.
- Pinch the four corners to form a 'box' around the apples. The center of the sides should be pinched as well (like you would pinch a pie crust). This will keep it in 'box' shape.
- Sprinkle sugar equally over apple tarts.
- Re-hydrate cranberries in 1/2 c. water in microwave for one minute. Drain, pat dry.
- Tuck cranberries in between random pieces of apples (see photo)
- Divide butter into four pieces. Break butter into pea size pieces and dot apples. The butter will melt down into tartlets when baking.
- 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Optional: Dust with powdered sugar
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe With Apples