We love apples and this has just the right amount of tartness and sweetness. It's so easy and uses my favorite pre-made ingredient, puffed pastry, which I always keep on hand.. Your house will smell amazing!
We love apples and this has just the right amount of tartness and sweetness. It's so easy and uses my favorite pre-made ingredient, puffed pastry, which I always keep on hand.. Your house will smell amazing!—BerryBaby
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 35 min
Granny Smith apples = 2 c. sliced
Pepperidge Farms pastry sheet
Fresh lemon juice from one lemon
teaspoon Ground cinnamon
teaspoon Ground clove (optional)
tablespoon White granulated sugar(divided)
tablespoon Sweet butter (divided)
cup Dried cranberries (re-hydrated)
Powder sugar (optional
- Prepare cookie sheet, line with parchment paper.
- Remove thawed dough (thaw overnight IN REFRIGERATOR).
- Cut into four pieces and place each piece on parchment and return to refrigerator to keep cold.
- Slice apples into 1/8-1/4" slices (your preference), place in bowl and toss with the lemon juice.
- Sprinkle in cinnamon and clove tossing to coat apples.
- Arrange apples slightly overlapping (see photo) on each pastry piece.
- Pinch the four corners to form a 'box' around the apples. The center of the sides should be pinched as well (like you would pinch a pie crust). This will keep it in 'box' shape.
- Sprinkle sugar equally over apple tarts.
- Re-hydrate cranberries in 1/2 c. water in microwave for one minute. Drain, pat dry.
- Tuck cranberries in between random pieces of apples (see photo)
- Divide butter into four pieces. Break butter into pea size pieces and dot apples. The butter will melt down into tartlets when baking.
- 375 degrees for 35 minutes.
- Optional: Dust with powdered sugar
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe With Apples