Author Notes: Taking chicken salad to a whole notha’ level w/some sun-dried tomatoes, basil pesto & Greek yogurt. —Holly
pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
cup store-bought pesto sauce
cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
ounces sun-dried tomatoes (in oil)
green leaf lettuce
Sprouted Grain bread
- Trim excess fat from chicken breasts.
- In a large pot, add chicken and fill the pot with enough water to cover the chicken by an inch. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and a teaspoon of pepper.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat so that the liquid is still simmering - just hot enough for bubbles to barely break the surface. Cover pot and continue to cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine pesto, Greek yogurt and ½ teaspoon salt then set aside. Rough chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Once cooked, remove chicken from the pot and allow to cool. Chop into ½-inch pieces - or adjust the size as you prefer.
- Add chicken and sun-dried tomatoes to the yogurt/pesto mixture, and combine thoroughly.
- Rinse/dry lettuce, then build sandwiches to your liking using the sun-dried pesto chicken, lettuce, and Sprouted Grain bread!