If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Taking chicken salad to a whole notha’ level w/some sun-dried tomatoes, basil pesto & Greek yogurt. —Holly
- 1.5 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup store-bought pesto sauce
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 6 ounces sun-dried tomatoes (in oil)
- green leaf lettuce
- Sprouted Grain bread
- Trim excess fat from chicken breasts.
- In a large pot, add chicken and fill the pot with enough water to cover the chicken by an inch. Add 1 tablespoon of salt and a teaspoon of pepper.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat so that the liquid is still simmering - just hot enough for bubbles to barely break the surface. Cover pot and continue to cook for about 8-10 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 165 degrees.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine pesto, Greek yogurt and ½ teaspoon salt then set aside. Rough chop the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Once cooked, remove chicken from the pot and allow to cool. Chop into ½-inch pieces - or adjust the size as you prefer.
- Add chicken and sun-dried tomatoes to the yogurt/pesto mixture, and combine thoroughly.
- Rinse/dry lettuce, then build sandwiches to your liking using the sun-dried pesto chicken, lettuce, and Sprouted Grain bread!