If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: After making key lime frozen yogurt I next made a lassi with fresh blueberries and lingonberry jam to freeze. For that I also used my ground caraway seeds. After freezing one batch of the lassi recipe in ice cube form, you can next use a few cubes in making a wonderful lassi drink for a second and third batch. Optionally, you can add Akvavit if you want a spiked lassi in the late afternoon. I usually have a lassi for breakfast, so I do not include it. The fresh blueberries and the preserved lingonberries partner very well with caraway to create a creamy savory drink. For me the preserve is the only sweetener that is needed, but feel free to add honey. —Sagegreen
- 1 cup Greek yogurt, fage
- 3/4 cup fresh blueberries, wild Maine if you can find them
- 1 tablespoon lingonberry fruit preserve
- 1 teaspoon honey to taste, optional ( I used none)
- 1 ounce Akvavit, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon ground caraway seeds or spice of your liking (fennel, cardamom, saffron, for some suggestions)
- 3-4 ice cubes made of this recipe (or plain ice cubes)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime zest
- sprinkle of ground caraway (or fennel) optional, for garnish
- sprigs of fresh spearmint, wintergreen leaf (gaulthria procumbens), or lavender for garnish
- Ahead make one batch of these, pour into a small ice cube tray and freeze.
- Add the yogurt, blueberries, lingonberry preserves, ground caraway, lime zest, and optionally Akvavit with 3-4 ice cubes of this mixture frozen or plain ice cubes and process in a blender. Do make sure the blender is securely tightened, as mine was not this morning. A little purple puddle to avoid.
- Pour into 2 small glasses; garnish with a sprinkle of ground caraway and an herbal sprig. In the fall the reddish leaves of wintergreen would make a beautiful garnish for this drink.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Holiday Breakfast