If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Rarely do I run out of Greek yogurt, but today I did. This almost savory treat uses ricotta cheese with fresh blueberries, a persimmon, and rosemary. This can be frozen, even partially frozen, or just very well chilled. I really like the creamy, savory, slightly sweet flavors with that fresh herbal overtone mixing with the blend of fresh fruits. I especially like the resulting purple color squishing those blues into the brilliant orange. —Sagegreen
Serves 2 cups
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 6 ounces fresh blueberries
- 4 ounces persimmon, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons rosemary honey to taste (substitutes- lavender honey or acacia with more herb added)
- 1/8 teaspoon chopped rosemary leaves
- sprinkle of nutmeg, caraway or fennel, ground
- sprig of rosemary (mint, thyme, thai basil and lavender, too) for garnish
- star of anise, optional garnish
- Blend all the ingredients save the garnish in a blender.
- Pour or ladle into serving dishes. Chill or freeze (in freezer-safe dishes, of course).
- Garnish with additional herb and spice. Serve chilled. If frozen, let soften for 5-8 minutes before serving, or simply pop in the freezer about 1 hour before serving.