My goal was to make a batch of delicious pumpkin chocolate brownies, but as it so happened, it turned out a lot denser than my usual brownies. Call them brownies, a cake or a tart... it's delicious by any name.
My goal was to make a batch of delicious pumpkin chocolate brownies, but as it so happened, it turned out a lot denser than my usual brownies. Call them brownies, a cake or a tart... it's delicious by any name.—Savannah Wishart
Chocolate Pumpkin Cake
cup chocolate chips (dark as possible)
cup coconut flour
cup coconut oil
tablespoons full-fat coconut milk
cup pumpkin puree
teaspoon ground ginger
can of full-fat coconut milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the chocolate. To avoid burning the chocolate, you can boil water in a pot and place the chocolate in another bowl on top. Check it and stir every few minutes so it doesn't burn.
- Add the coconut oil, coconut flour, and coconut milk to the chocolate (I found it mixed smoother this way).
- After the chocolate mixture is blended smoothly, let it cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, honey, and spices together.
- Combine the egg mixture and the chocolate mixture. Blend together.
- Pour into a greased baking dish (glass or ceramic works fine), about 8x8 inches.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake base bakes, make the frosting. Mix all ingredients together until blended and smooth.
- After the cake has cooled, lather with frosting and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory (Winter) Squash Recipe