If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My goal was to make a batch of delicious pumpkin chocolate brownies, but as it so happened, it turned out a lot denser than my usual brownies. Call them brownies, a cake or a tart... it's delicious by any name. —Savannah Wishart
Chocolate Pumpkin Cake
- 1 cup chocolate chips (dark as possible)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk
- 3/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1/8 cup pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon honey
- dashes cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt the chocolate. To avoid burning the chocolate, you can boil water in a pot and place the chocolate in another bowl on top. Check it and stir every few minutes so it doesn't burn.
- Add the coconut oil, coconut flour, and coconut milk to the chocolate (I found it mixed smoother this way).
- After the chocolate mixture is blended smoothly, let it cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, pumpkin, honey, and spices together.
- Combine the egg mixture and the chocolate mixture. Blend together.
- Pour into a greased baking dish (glass or ceramic works fine), about 8x8 inches.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the cake base bakes, make the frosting. Mix all ingredients together until blended and smooth.
- After the cake has cooled, lather with frosting and serve!
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Savory (Winter) Squash Recipe