If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Delicious manicottii is filled with ricotta and chickpeas for a light yet rich filling that is absolutely yummy! —Palouse Brand
- 3/4 cup dried garbanzo beans
- 1 box manicotti pasta shells
- 15 ounces Ricotta cheese
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley minced
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 small onion, quartered
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 24 ounces jar of tomato sauce
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, shredded
- Soak garbanzo beans overnight and boil for 60 minutes or until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Cook Manicotti pasta shells according to package directions.
- Place garbanzos and egg whites in a food processor and process until smooth. Add ricotta, parsley, parmesan, onion and garlic; continue processing until well blended.
- Spread 1 ½ cups of Bertolli sauce on the bottom of a 9x13, ungreased baking dish (or make two 8x8 dishes and freeze one for later) and set aside.
- Drain the pasta shells and stuff with the garbanzo mixture. Put remaining Bertolli sauce on top of the pasta shells, if you have some left over garbanzo mixture put a dollop on top of each shell.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the shredded Mozzarella and bake another 5-10 minutes until melted and until the sauce becomes a bit bubbly.