Delicious manicottii is filled with ricotta and chickpeas for a light yet rich filling that is absolutely yummy!
Delicious manicottii is filled with ricotta and chickpeas for a light yet rich filling that is absolutely yummy!—Palouse Brand
cup dried garbanzo beans
box manicotti pasta shells
ounces Ricotta cheese
cup fresh parsley minced
cup Parmesan cheese, grated
small onion, quartered
cloves garlic, minced
ounces jar of tomato sauce
cups mozzarella, shredded
In This Recipe
- Soak garbanzo beans overnight and boil for 60 minutes or until soft. Drain and set aside.
- Cook Manicotti pasta shells according to package directions.
- Place garbanzos and egg whites in a food processor and process until smooth. Add ricotta, parsley, parmesan, onion and garlic; continue processing until well blended.
- Spread 1 ½ cups of Bertolli sauce on the bottom of a 9x13, ungreased baking dish (or make two 8x8 dishes and freeze one for later) and set aside.
- Drain the pasta shells and stuff with the garbanzo mixture. Put remaining Bertolli sauce on top of the pasta shells, if you have some left over garbanzo mixture put a dollop on top of each shell.
- Bake uncovered at 350° for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the shredded Mozzarella and bake another 5-10 minutes until melted and until the sauce becomes a bit bubbly.