If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pumpkin chiffon tart —Oh Sweet Day!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 tablespoon unflavoured gelatin powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 7-inch springform pan.
- To prepare crust, combine graham cracker crumbs and melted butter in a small bowl. Mix until a moist yet crumbly mixture forms. Firmly press the mixture into the bottom and sides of the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- To prepare filling, sprinkle gelatin powder in water. Let stand for 5 minutes. Microwave 10 to 20 seconds on high until mixture is liquidy and gelatin dissolves. Let cool slightly.
- In a food processor, mix pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger and salt until completely smooth.
- Transfer pumpkin mixture to a bowl with gelatin mixture and heavy cream. Stir to combine.
- In a bowl of a standing mixer with a whisk attachment, beat egg whites on medium speed until foamy. Add sugar and continue beating until stiff peaks form.
- Fold meringue in the pumpkin mixture, half at a time, until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into the cool crust and smooth the top.
- Refrigerate the tart until set, at least 3 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Before serving, whip up the remaining heavy cream and sugar until firm. Top the tart with the whipped cream and nuts.