If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My husband made this for me on our first date. I ask him to make if for me every year. It's a unique combination of flavors and textures that really sold me. —sheshef
Serves 8 - 10
- 1 packet 12 oz package of bite sized dried plums
- 1/2 cup small capers
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 6 bay leaves
- 1 garlic bulb minced, about 1 Tablespoon
- 1 cup pimento stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup good quallity olive oil
- 1 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 8 pounds mixed cut up chicken pieces
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped parsley
- Combine first 10 ingredients in a large zip top freezer bag or a large bowl.
- Add chicken pieces turning to coat well. Seal or cover and refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight turning chicken occasionally.
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in one or two 13 x 9 inch baking pan or dish. Pour marinade over chicken evenly and sprinkle evenly with brown sugar. Pour wine around pieces.
- Bake 350 degrees for 50 minutes to 1 hour, basting frequently.
- Remove chicken, dried plums, olives, and capers to serving platter. Drizzle with 1/4 cup of pan juices, sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with remaining pan juices accompanied with steamed brown rice.