If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: My mother and I are making this recipe at the beginning of every summer. We have huge rhubarb plants in our backyard and it is a great recipe to use them. —Elizabeth2
Serves 3 cups
- 4 cups fresh rhubarb, diced
- 1 cup fresh strawberries or raspberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- In a large saucepan, combine the rhubarb, the strawberries and the sugar.
- Bring to a boil on a medium heat, stirring frequently.
- Simmer for about 10 minutes, util the rhubarb is soft. During this time, add the ginger and the orange juice.
- Let cool outside the heat. Then, cover and refrigerate. Can be serve hot or cold. Delicious with yogourt or ice cream.