If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Pear season is amazing, and I’ve found myself munching on them with everything! There’s something so comforting about a warming porridge with poached pears and cacao nibs on a chilly morning. —Madeleine Shaw
- 1 pear
- maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 vanilla pod
- 120 grams porridge oats
- 500 milliliters almond milk
- 2 tablespoons cacao nibs
- 1 teaspoon freeze dried strawberries (optional)
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- Peel the pear and place it in a pot of water with 2 tbsp of maple syrup, and 1/2 tsp of cinnamon. Split the vanilla pod in half and scrape out the seeds, add the seeds and pod to the pan and bring to the boil, reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes until tender.
- Heat the oats and almond milk with 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and a pinch of salt on the hob for 3-4 minutes until the oats are plump and have soaked in the liquid.
- Plate the oats with the pear halved on top. Sprinkle over the cacao nibs and freeze dried strawberries and finish with a spoonful of almond butter and a splash of maple syrup.