Author Notes: Packed with classic and fresh Italian flavors, these Caprese Baked Omelet Muffins are easily reheated for the perfect savory on-the-go breakfast. —tiffanythyme
large egg whites
cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
cup fresh basil, julienned
ounces fresh mozzarella, chopped
In This Recipe
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly spray a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the whole eggs and egg whites together. Add the salt and pepper and combine.
- Quarter your cherry tomatoes, julienne your basil, and chop your fresh mozzarella. Add them to your egg mixture.
- Pour about ¼ cup of the egg mixture into each muffin cup for 12 even cups. Carefully place the muffins into your preheated oven.
- Bake for roughly 22 minutes, or until the eggs are set.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe for Now and Later