Author Notes: So easy. So versatile. So addicting! Rich with pure maple syrup and a dusting of sea salt, these salty-sweet Salted Maple Pecans are the perfect garnish or treat. —tiffanythyme
Makes: 1 cup
cup pecans, whole or pieces
cup 100% pure maple syrup
teaspoon pure vanilla extract
teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat a non-stick pan over medium heat.
- Add the pecans, maple syrup, and vanilla to the pan.
- Stirring constantly, cook for 3-5 minutes or until the syrup has caramelized. There should be no liquid left in the pan.
- Scatter the pecans evenly onto a sheet of parchment paper. Working quickly and using a couple forks, spread the pecans so they don't clump together as they harden.
- These harden within about 30 minutes, but it's best to let them cool for a couple hours before storing them in an airtight container. When not kept in an airtight container, they can get a little sweaty. They can be kept at room temperature for several weeks.