If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Italian crumb cake that is super easy to make! —Hetal Vasavada
Makes one 9 inch cake
- 4 meidum apples, peeled and diced small
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
La Torta Sbriciolata
- 2 /14 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups cups sweet potato pecan butter OR 1 can (14 oz) pumpkin pie filling
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Add chopped apples, sugar, brown sugar, lemon juice, cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom into a small bowl and toss until well combined. Set aside.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 F. Line the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper and grease sides with butter.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cold butter and use a fork or pastry cutter to make a coarse crumble by pressing the flour mixture into the butter. Once most of the butter has been cut into the flour, add the egg. Continue mixing until you have a sand-like crumble.
- Press 2/3 of the mixture into the bottom of the springform pan. Spread the sweet potato pecan butter OR pumpkin pie filling evenly on top of the crumble layer. Evenly spread the apple filling out on top. Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture over the apples. Lightly and gently press the crumbles down into the cake with your hands.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until slightly golden on top. Let cool until room temperature. Dust with powdered sugar, slice and serve!