Author Notes: Mixed berry charlotte cake will definitely satisfy your taste buds! Base made of ladyfingers is followed by creamy mascarpone filling and topped with fresh mixed berries! If you are looking for a simple no bake dessert that delivers amazing flavor, look no more! This Charlotte cake recipe is the way to go! —Julia
pounds Crème Fraiche
ounces Mascarpone Cheese
ounces Fresh Raspberries + Blackberries
ounces Tablespoons Icing Sugar
ounces Unsalted Butter, melted
ounces Powder Gelatin
- Sprinkle gelatin over 2-3 tablespoons cold water. Let it stand for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile: Set aside about 18 ladyfingers. Throw the rest of them in a food processor and process until you get crumbs like texture.
- In a bowl, combine crumbs and melted butter until the crumbs are evenly coated with the butter.
- Using an electric mixer, mix icing sugar, mascarpone and crème fraiche until it has creamy texture.
- Back to the gelatin: Pour in 2-3 tablespoons warm water and stir until dissolved. Add this to creamy mascarpone mix and give it a whisk for about a minute. Set aside.
- Line your cake tin with cling film (or just the bottom). Take cling film and make a snake out of it. Place this around the bottom sides. This is to prevent the crumbs spreading towards the sides where the lady fingers will go. Now fill the tin with crumbs mixture. Use a spoon/your hand or a bowl to press down the crumbs. Make sure you press hard. You need to create a base that will hold its shape. Once done, remove the cling film snake.
- Start lining the inside “wall” of the tin with lady fingers (thanks to the cling film snake, you should have a gap between the tin and crumbs base. This will help you keep lady fingers in place).
- Note: You can trim off one end of each of the ladyfingers. This will give you a sealed look and crumbs won’t get through as there won’t be any gaps.
- When all the lady fingers are standing in place, pour in half of the mascarpone filling. At this stage the filling should be thicker so it won’t run through the gaps between the ladyfingers (unless they are huge). Now break some leftover ladyfingers (2-4 pcs) and throw them in altogether with a handful of rinsed berries. Cover with the rest of the filling.
- Place in the fridge for 3+ hours. For best results I suggest around 8 hours.
- At last top with berries and serve!