If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This recipe uses either dark or white left over turkey and converts it into a delicious Asian appetizer using Mustard Seed Sauces —Keith
Serves 6-8 people
- 1/2 cup Mustrard Seed Ginger Dressing
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 12-16 ounces leftover turkey chopped to half inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 4 scallions thinly sliced across the bias
- 2 carrots shredded
- 1 red bell pepper cut into half inch by 2 inch julienne strips
- 1 cup napa cabbage shredded
- 1 package wonton wrappers
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 cup Mustard Seed Osaka Sauce for dipping
- In a sauté pan or skillet over medium heat, sauté the ginger and garlic until they are fragrant, about 30 seconds, then add the Mustard Seed Ginger Dressing and bring to a light boil. Simmer the dressing for 3 minutes stirring often, then add the scallions, carrots, peppers and cabbage to the sauce and simmer for another 3 minutes. This will reduce and caramelize the dressing and soften the vegetables. Remember to stir often so the dressing does not burn. Remove this mixture from the heat, stir in the sesame oil and let cool for 15 to 20 minutes. Then strain and fold in the turkey.
- Fill each egg roll wrapper with one tablespoon of the mixture and roll. Add the four tablespoons of vegetable or canola oil to a skillet and over medium high heat, sauté the egg rolls until they are golden brown on all sides. Serve with Mustard Seed Osaka Sauce for dipping.
- Mustard Seed Sauces are available for shipping throughout the USA at http://www.mustardseedsauce.com/products.html
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Thanksgiving Leftovers