If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Makes 24 treats
- 1 cup Karo® Light OR Dark Corn Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 6 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1-1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1-1/2 cups butterscotch chips
- Candies for decorating
- Food coloring
- Frosting OR melted chocolate for decorating
- Cook corn syrup and sugar together in a large pan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter; mix well. Add cereal; stir until evenly coated.
- Pour into greased 15 x 10-inch pan and pat into place.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly. Spread over cereal.
- Cool at least 45 minutes, or until firm. Cut into bars or fun shapes for Halloween. If desired, pipe frosting to form Halloween shapes or words.
- Other Decorating Ideas: Cool Cats (pictured on plate): Cut circles using a 2 to 3-inch biscuit cutter. Attach candies with a dab of melted white chocolate or frosting to make eyes, nose and ears. Pipe on whiskers with frosting. Creepy Webs: Cut circles as above. Tint frosting orange. Starting at the center, pipe continuous spiral circles to edge. Drag the tip of a wooden pick from the center to the edge of the bar to create a spider web design. Mummies: Cut circles as above. Drizzle or pipe white frosting back and forth horizontally and finish with two candy eyes. Tombstones: Cut into bars, cutting off upper corners diagonally. Pipe frosting to make shapes or words on each “tombstone.” TIP: Tombstones will easily stand upright if the bottom of each is coated with frosting.
More Great Recipes: