If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The Amish at my local farmers market always have good preserves. Last week I bought a jar of apple butter from them, just to see what I could make with it. I was surprised by how few recipes I could find using apple butter, so I made my own. —AbbyJaneway
- 4 medium nectarines, peeled and cut into chunks
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup apple butter
- 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Add nectarines, apple butter, and lemon juice in a bowl and toss gently. Let sit for 30 minutes and then pour into a greased 8x6 baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, add oatmeal, sugar, cinnamon, honey, butter, and a pinch of nutmeg. Combine by hand until evenly mixed. Sprinkle on top of fruit in baking dish.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes. When ready, the fruit should be bubbling and the top should be nice and crispy.