If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: It is a perfect cold dish for a summer lunch, but it is also the best way to give the leftovers of the turkey a hint of originality. The idea of this recipe comes from the one of vitel tonne', which was created in Northern Italy, most probably in Lombardia. It is s a very simple and authentic Italian dish that lends itself to many variations to accommodate any taste. —mad&delicacy
- 400 grams turkey leftovers
- 100 grams tuna fillet in oil
- 3 pieces fillet anchovies
- 1 piece egg
- 1 tablespoon small capers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 piece lemon (juice)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Put the capers, lemon juice, anchovies, the egg, tuna, salt, and pepper in a food processor and mix until smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil until sauce is emulsified.
- Cut the turkey into thin slices and arrange on a large serving plate in a single layer.
- Top with the sauce, garnish with capers then cover and place in the fridge to marinate for a few hours. Before serving let it to come up to room temperature.
- Faster procedure to make sauce: mix 3 tbs of mayo with tuna, capers and anchovies.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Thanksgiving Leftovers
More Great Recipes: