Author Notes: It is a perfect cold dish for a summer lunch, but it is also the best way to give the leftovers of the turkey a hint of originality. The idea of this recipe comes from the one of vitel tonne', which was created in Northern Italy, most probably in Lombardia. It is s a very simple and authentic Italian dish that lends itself to many variations to accommodate any taste. —mad&delicacy
grams turkey leftovers
grams tuna fillet in oil
pieces fillet anchovies
tablespoon small capers
tablespoons olive oil
piece lemon (juice)
- Put the capers, lemon juice, anchovies, the egg, tuna, salt, and pepper in a food processor and mix until smooth.
- With the motor running, slowly drizzle in olive oil until sauce is emulsified.
- Cut the turkey into thin slices and arrange on a large serving plate in a single layer.
- Top with the sauce, garnish with capers then cover and place in the fridge to marinate for a few hours. Before serving let it to come up to room temperature.
- Faster procedure to make sauce: mix 3 tbs of mayo with tuna, capers and anchovies.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Recipe with Thanksgiving Leftovers