If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Fellow chocoholics, here is an early holiday treat, Double Dark Chocolate Brownie with Cream Cheese-Pumpkin Swirl. It will sure fix a chocolate craving as you take a bite, toothsome oozing chocolate comes with every bite. That’s the way to start the holiday spirit.
This treat is certainly a healthy one with the combination of the 10-Grain or 9-Grain Flour Blend and reduced fat cream cheese, so indulged if you may. Posted on November 14, 2013 @
- baking spray for baking pan
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup Double Dutch Dark Cocoa
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp espresso roast
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 10-Grain Flour Blend (whole wheat, rye, triticale, oat, corn, soy, barley, brown rice, millet, and flaxseed) OR 9-Grain Flour Blend
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (12 oz) bittersweet chocolate chips
Cream Cheese-Pumpkin Batter:
- 1-1/2 box (8 oz box) reduced fat cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsps grd cinnamon
- 2 tsps pumpkin spice
- 1/2 tsp grd nutmeg
- 1 tsp grd ginger
- For Brownie: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly grease a 9" x 13" pan with baking spray.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter, add the sugar and stir, cooking until the mixture is smooth and shiny. Remove the mixture from heat.
- Add Double Dutch Dark Cocoa, salt, baking powder, espresso and vanilla.
- Whisk 4 eggs, add to the mixture, stir, then add the flour and mix on low speed.
- Add the chips and mix. Place half of the mixture to the prepared pan.
- For Cream Cheese Topping: Meanwhile beat the cream cheese until cheese is smooth at medium speed.
- Add sugar and pour the pumpkin puree into the cream cheese and mix on low speed.
- Whisk the eggs, add to the pumpkin mixture including cinnamon, pumpkin spice, grd nutmeg and grd ginger.
- Pour the remaining brownie batter into the pumpkin mixture and swirl. Add to the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until the tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Take out from oven and run a butter knife on the edges. Let it cool completely before cutting.