If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: We love tex-mex food--and this soup is a good example. It's easy to make, works well with leftovers, and always pleases. It's great meal for a cold or wet night, reheats well, and works equally well when boiled down as a stew or kept as a soup. I found it originally on a website (What a crock http://community.livejournal...), and have tweaked it several times. —ketherian
pounds boneless beef top round steak
cloves garlic, minced
ounces can of diced tomatoes, undrained
ounce fajita seasoning mix
red bell pepper, seeded & cut into 1" pieces
cup chicken broth
- Trim excess fat from beef and cut into 2" pieces.
- Combine with onion in a 3-4 quart slow cooker.
- Mix together fajita seasoning mix and undrained tomatoes and pour over beef.
- Place peppers on top.
- Cover crockpot and cook on low for 7-9 hours until beef is tender.
- Add the broth to the flour to make a paste. Continue to add liquid until you have a slurry. Avoid lumps.
- Add the slurry to the crockpot gradually, stirring well to incorporate.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on high for 15-20 minutes until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Red Pepper Recipe