If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is a variant of the Lawn Dart, a tangy and refreshing but complexly-flavored cocktail created by Sean Hoard and published in The PDT Cocktail Book. My version has a sharp tongue from jalapeño, and mezcal imparts the smoke of burning male ego. —dinner at ten
Serves 2, or 1 if you're nasty
- 2 ounces mezcal (I used Fidencio Clásico)
- 2 ounces gin (I used Junipero)
- 1.5 ounces lime juice
- 0.75 ounces agave nectar
- 0.5 ounces green Chartreuse
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeds, stem, and ribs removed
- 1 dash (garnish) hot sauce, whatever you have in your bag
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the pepper with agave nectar and lime juice until it's somewhat pulpy.
- Add the remaining ingredients except for hot sauce, plus enough ice to stack to the surface of the liquid, and shake until well chilled (about 20 seconds).
- Strain (through a fine strainer if you have one, to catch the pepper bits) into a chilled collins glass filled with ice.
- Garnish with a shake of hot sauce.