If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Looks just like a double crusted pie, but no pie plate needed! With a crispy-bottomed crust, plenty of juicy filling, and more crispy, golden crust on top! —Erin McDowell
Makes one galette
pounds pears (peeled if you like—I leave the skins on!)
recipe All Buttah Pie Dough (https://food52.com/recipes...)
egg wash, as needed for finishing
Turbinado sugar, as needed for finishing
- Preheat the oven to 425℉. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, toss the pears and cranberries together to combine. In a small bowl, whisk the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger, and salt to combine. Add the sugar mixture to the fruit and toss to combine.
- On a lighly floured surface, roll out half of the dough into a circle 1/4 inch thick. Add the filling in an even layer in the center, leaving 1 to 1 1/2 inches of uncovered dough all the way around at the edges.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the second piece of dough into a circle 1/4 inch thick. Place it on top of your galette, and trim away any excess dough from the edges.
- Fold your top piece of dough under the bottom piece of dough, and crimp as desired (you can use any type of traditional pie crimp for this!). Be sure to really crimp well—if the two crusts are not sealed well, filling may leak out during baking.
- Egg wash the dough evenly all over, and sprinkle with turbinado sugar. Cut vents into the top crust.
- Bake until the crust is golden brown and the filling is bubbling through the vents, 33 to 38 minutes.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!