If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: An easy-peasy pumpkin pie alternative with a perfectly crispy crust, every time. Whipped cream is not optional. —Erin McDowell
Makes 1 triangle galette
cup pumpkin purée
cup brown sugar
tablespoons crème fraîche
recipe All Buttah Pie Dough (https://food52.com/recipes...)
Egg wash, as needed for finishing
Pearl sugar, as needed for finishing
- Preheat the oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk the pumpkin, egg, brown sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, clove, and crème fraiche to combine.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thick. Use a pastry wheel to cut it into a triangle shape. Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon the filling in the center, leaving 1 1/2 to 2 inches of uncovered dough all the way around. Fold in the sides of the triangle first to encase the filling. Then, fold the bottom piece of the triangle over onto the filling. Be sure to apply a little pressure at the corners where the edges of dough meet—make sure they’re sealed well or filling may leak out during baking!
- Brush the edges of the dough with egg wash and sprinkle with pearl sugar. Bake until the filling is set and the dough is golden brown, 30 to 35 minutes.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!