If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an easy and very tasty method for roasting beef. The combination of coffee and beef is delicious, either in the oven or on the BBQ in the summer. It makes great leftovers too! I used a top round roast but any kind of beef roast can be used. —Leith Devine
- 2/12 pound beef top round roast or beef roast of your choice
- 2 tablespoons finely ground coffee or espresso powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare a roasting pan with a rack.
- Mix the coffee, brown sugar, garlic powder, cumin, rosemary, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.
- Spread the rub all over the roast and place on the rack.
- Bake at 450 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 and continue cooking for 20-30 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 130-135 for medium rare.
- Let roast sit for 15 minutes to let the juices redistribute. Slice and serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Weeknight Roast