If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This is an ice cream which combines strawberries and roasted red peppers with a little bit of heat from paprika or Aleppo. —Sagegreen
- 1 cup cooked and sugared strawberries, chilled
- 1 cup fire roasted mild red pepper
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (it happened to be whipped already)
- 1/3 cup acacia honey
- 1/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot paprika (for more heat) or Aleppo pepper flakes (for milder)
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, milled or ground
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- sprinkle of hot paprika or Aleppo chili pepper flakes for garnish
- Assemble the ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree. Then chill the mix thoroughly. If you do not want heat you could use a sweet paprika instead.
- Pour into an ice cream maker and process according to the maker's directions. Serve right away (or store in the freezer and then let soften for serving).
- Garnish with a daring sprinkle of Hungarian hot paprika or Aleppo chili pepper flakes.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Chili Pepper Recipe
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Red Pepper Recipe