If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: The cut of lard and the sweet taste of butter make this biscuit a go-to recipe for any dinner. Add sage, rosemary or another herb for additional flavor. —Jim Kennedy
Makes: 12 biscuits
cups AP Flour
tablespoons Baking Powder
teaspoon Sea Salt
tablespoons Unsalted Butter (additional to coat biscuits)
cup Buttermilk (add 1 tsp lemon juice to whole milk and rest for 10 mins if needed)
- Preheat oven to 450. Sift flour, baking powder, salt and sugar together in bowl. Transfer ingredients to food processor. Cut butter and lard into 1 inch slices, place in flour mixture sideways to coat. Pulse until there are pea sized crumbs.
- Return to bowl, and with the tips of your fingers, press the larger pieces of butter or lard until smooth. Add milk and stir a spatula until the dough loosely comes together.
- Turn dough onto floured surface, shape into rectangle 10x6. Let rest for 15 minutes covered with a towel.
- Using 2 1/2 inch biscuit cutter, cut out biscuits and place on baking sheet with parchment or silpat. Coat with melted butter and a sprinkle of salt.
- Bake for 12 mins or until golden brown.
More Great Recipes: