Author Notes: Nutella chocolate shortbread tartlets —Oh Sweet Day!
Makes: 12 tartlets
Chocolate Shortbrad Crust
cups all purpose flour
cup cocoa powder
cup unsalted butter, softened
cup powder sugar
cup whipping cream
tablespoons sea salt flakes
In This Recipe
- In a large bowl, sift flour, cocoa powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and powdered sugar in a bowl of a standing mixer until light and fluffy. Reduce the speed to low and beat in the flour mixture until just incorporated.
- Gather dough and form a dish. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 30 minutes to chill.
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 12 mini-tart pans a regular-sized muffin pan.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Cut into 5-inch rounds. Line the prepared pans with the dough circles. Use a small kitchen knife to trim the excess and to score the tops of the tartlets.
- Place in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes before baking for 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden.
- Remove from oven and let the tart shells cool a few minutes before inverting and transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To prepare filling, in the bowl of a standing mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the cream until it holds firm peaks.
- Fold in Nutella to combine.
- Spoon the Nutella mixture into the cooled shortbread tartlet crusts, and place them in the refrigerator to chill for at least an hour.
- Sprinkle sea salt flakes on top of the tartlets before serving.