If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Slap your pineapple on the grill after you've cooked your other food. Once the pineapple is cool, a quick whiz in the blender and a nail-biting half hour in the ice cream maker give you mouth-watering, soft serve ice cream. —Crissy
- 1 pineapple, peeled and cored
- vegetable oil cooking spray
- Cut pineapple into 8 long wedges. Stab each with a skewer and spray with cooking spray. Grill on a low grill until edges are starting to blacken. Remove from grill, remove skewers, and allow to cool.
- Do ahead: You can chop and refrigerate or freeze until needed.
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups half-and-half (or coconut milk)
- 14 ounces dulce de leche (see Rivka's urban legend version: https://food52.com/recipes/3790-dulce-de-leche)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 banana (optional)
- Combine all ingredients (including grilled and cooled pineapple) in a blender and whiz until smooth. Chill at least 4 hours.
- Process in an ice cream maker until soft-serve consistency. Serve immediately in chilled dishes, or transfer to a lidded container and freeze until solid (about 4 hours).