If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Avocado Toast with attitude, for overnight guests, or Christmas morning. Get all the parts ready ahead and assemble when you want. Add a platter of delicious smoky bacon along side, and no one will be complaining. —olive
Serves: as many as you want
good counntry bread
hard boiled eggs
extra virgin olive oil
clove of garlic
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Smash avocado in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Hard boil as many eggs as you need. I do the start in cold water and boil for 10 minutes method, chill under cold water and let stand, peel as needed. Coarsely chop, season with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil and set aside.
- Toast or grill thick slices of your bread and rub with garlic clove and drizzle with olive oil.
- Top with smashed avocado, hard boiled eggs, and crumble feta over.
- Sprinkle Dukkah on top and garnish with cilantro leaves and more olive oil.
- Dukkah is a spice mix you can either make at home or buy in specialty shops. There are tons of recipes online. Mine is a handful of each, caraway seeds, crushed red pepper, smoked paprika, toasted sesame seeds, and fresh cracked black pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Festive, Crowd-Feeding Breakfast
More Great Recipes: