Author Notes: Avocado Toast with attitude, for overnight guests, or Christmas morning. Get all the parts ready ahead and assemble when you want. Add a platter of delicious smoky bacon along side, and no one will be complaining. —olive
Serves: as many as you want
good counntry bread
hard boiled eggs
extra virgin olive oil
clove of garlic
salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Smash avocado in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Hard boil as many eggs as you need. I do the start in cold water and boil for 10 minutes method, chill under cold water and let stand, peel as needed. Coarsely chop, season with salt and pepper and a drizzle of olive oil and set aside.
- Toast or grill thick slices of your bread and rub with garlic clove and drizzle with olive oil.
- Top with smashed avocado, hard boiled eggs, and crumble feta over.
- Sprinkle Dukkah on top and garnish with cilantro leaves and more olive oil.
- Dukkah is a spice mix you can either make at home or buy in specialty shops. There are tons of recipes online. Mine is a handful of each, caraway seeds, crushed red pepper, smoked paprika, toasted sesame seeds, and fresh cracked black pepper.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Festive, Crowd-Feeding Breakfast