Author Notes: Lots of mashed potatoes this year...I goofed and made WAY too may. Started to think about a new way of using them and this struck me in the middle of the night, make Snowball Potatoes! I tried them today and was quite pleased. Kids will love them! —BerryBaby
Makes: 6 balls
cups leftover mashed potatoes
cup Grated cheese(I used mozzarella, but cheddar could also be used)
teaspoon Garlic salt
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Coat muffin tins generously with olive oil.
- Use ice cream scoop packing potatoes tightly into the scoop and drop snowball into each muffin holder.
- Top each with a sprinkle of cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 minutes or until sides start to brown and crisp up.
- Remove from oven and have them set for at least 10 minutes before removing from the pan.
- Use a fork to ease them out of the muffin tins going around the edge and then underneath and gently lift out. Serve.