If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: This galette with a nice buttery crust, gets caramelized in the oven and is the perfect vehicule for tangy blackberries.
The only trick to this recipe is rolling your dough to create a nice round that will delicately cover your fruits. The rest is almost too easy for the stunning result that you get. Everyone will be amazed for Sunday lunch, I promise. —Charlotte I The Fox + The Knife
Makes 1 pie
- 200 grams flour
- 150 grams cold butter, diced
- 1 tablespoon Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 200 grams fresh blackberries
- 50 grams brown sugar
- 1 lemon - juice only
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Mix the flour, salt and sugar in a bowl. Add the butter and work with your fingers until you have a coarse texture. Add the water and incorporate into the dough. Cover with a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours
- Preheat the oven at 180°C. Roll the dough on a floured surface, transfer on an oven tray covered with parchment paper
- Mix the blackberries with the 50 grams of sugar and lemon juice. Place on the dough. Fold the edges
- Brush the edges with the milk and sprinkle with the remaining 1 tbsp of sugar. Bake for 35/45 minutes