Author Notes: I wonder, as has everyone, if the French call French Toast, well toast! I am betting you’ve heard that one before too many times.
But what an invention, taking my two favourite foods, in bread and eggs, combining them into a pillowy eat, that tickles the taste buds.
But you want a balanced breakfast you say? Okay, lets see what I can do. —FatLadFood
pieces Crusty Bread
teaspoons Brown Sugar
- Skin and chop the apples into thin slices. Then cover in 1tsp each, of the cinnamon and sugar.
- Put a pan on to a hob on a medium heat. Add in the butter, and melt slowly.
- Add the apples to the pan, and fry for 15mins, until they begin to become tender. Reduce the heat to allow them to keep warm.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk. Add in the remaining cinnamon and sugar.
- Dip the slices of bread into the egg mixture, until they become fully soaked.
- Fry each piece in the frying pan, on both sides, until they become brown. Put into a baking dish, and cook for a further 10mins in the oven.
- Using a pestle & mortar, crush down the Granola mix so it is easy to sprinkle.
- Place a piece of the bread onto a plate. Take half of the apples and put them on top of the bread. Slice the plum, and add to the apples. Take a tablespoon of Greek Yoghurt, and try and spoon it onto the mixture (harder than you think). Sprinkle over the Granola, and serve.