If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: These are amazing cheeseburger egg rolls with a crispy outer shell and savory interior. These are so perfect as a party bite or game day snack! —Leigh Suznovich
- 1 dash olive oil
- 1 onion, diced small
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Lawry's seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 cup extra sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 eggroll wrappers
- vegetable, as needed for frying
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup ranch dressing
- First, prepare the filling. Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion and let it soften and become fragrant for a minute. Then add in the ground beef and break it up as it browns. While it cooks, season it with the seasoned salt, garlic powder, smoked paprika and crushed red pepper. Once the beef is browned, add the Worcestershire and tomato paste. Let them cook in for a minute while you stir everything together. Take the pan off of the heat and finish the mixture by stirring in the cheddar cheese. It will melt right in.
- Set up a sheet tray lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper to hold the egg rolls and also have 2 damp paper towels, a bowl of water and pastry brush handy. Place one of the damp paper towels on the stack of egg roll wrappers to keep them from drying out. Take the first egg roll wrapper and place it on a clean surface with a corner facing you. Brush it all around the edge with water, then scoop 1/4 cup of the beef and cheddar filling onto it. Pull the top corner down over the filing toward you and fold in the sides, then keep rolling it up tightly while you tuck in the sides. Transfer the egg roll to the sheet tray and cover it with the other damp paper towel. Repeat until all 12 egg rolls are formed.
- Take a large stainless steel pan with deep sides and fill it with about 2 inches of vegetable oil. Heat it up and use a deep fry thermometer to make sure the temperature gets to and stays at around 350. Fry the egg rolls in 3 batches of 4 for about 2 minutes on each side. They should get crispy and golden brown. Remove them to a plate lined with paper towel to drain. While they fry, make the easy dipping sauce by just stirring the ketchup and ranch dressing together. Cut each of the egg rolls in half diagonally, then serve them immediately with the dipping sauce!