If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Think you have to line up at Starbucks to get this delicious treat? Think again. You can make it from the comfort of your own home with this simple recipe. —Lindsay Pleskot
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 pinch freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 2 tablespoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups milk of your choice (I use skim or soy)
- 1-2 shots of espresso (or 1/3-1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee)
- Add the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, pepper, sugar, vanilla and milk to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until hot and fragrant, whisking constantly to prevent it from burning and to blend all ingredients well.
- Once heated through, blend or whisk the milk mixture until frothy by either carefully blending with a hand blender or in a traditional blender. If you don’t have either of these, whisk vigorously for approx 30 seconds.
- Add the coffee or espresso to your favorite mug and pour the milk mixture over top. Sprinkle with a pinch of pumpkin pie spice.
More Great Recipes: