Author Notes: These Prosciutto Pizza Bombs are the perfect cheesy weekend treat! Say goodbye to cold and expensive pizza delivery and hello to this fun dish. —Paige
ounces pizza dough (homemade or store-bought)
ounces package sliced prosciutto
Mozzarella cut into 16 1-inch cubes
cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
tablespoon Italian seasoning
Marinara and pesto for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375ºF
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and divide into 16 1-oz pieces. Flatten each into a round with your palm.
- Place ½ a slice of prosciutto and 1 cube of mozzarella on each pizza round.
- Bring the edges up and over, pressing them together and being sure to leave no gaps for the filling to leak out. Arrange the pizza bombs in an oiled cast iron skillet or cake pan. If you have leftover mozzarella cubes, arrange them in between a few of the bombs for extra cheesiness.
- Combine melted butter, garlic, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning in a small bowl. Brush the butter mixture onto each pizza bomb and top with parmesan.
- Bake at 375 for 20-25 minutes, until browned
- Once pizza bombs are cool enough to handle, serve immediately with marinara sauce or pesto.