If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Made from raw, green mango, aami ki shikanji, is a quintessential summer drink in India. Tangy and sweet, aam ki shikanji, is equally liked by kids, adults and the shikanji concentrate can be made to last for a few weeks. —Annada Rathi
Serves 5-6 glasses
- 1 medium, raw, green mango
- 1/2 cup sugar (or equal to the quantity of mango pulp)
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder (made after crushing cardamom seeds)
- Boil the green mango in 5-6 cups of water . Ensure that the mango is completely submerged in water. Let it boil for 45 min to an hour.
- By the end of an hour, the the mango skin cracks and turns a pale greenish brown color. Turn the heat off and let the mango cool.
- Peel the skin of mango. And now get ready to play with food! Squeeze the mango between the palm and fingers of one hand to extract pulp. Discard the pit and scrape the pulp from inside the mango skin peels. Discard the peels.
- Measure the quantity of the pulp and add the same amount of sugar. Mix well with a whisk. Add cardamom powder. Store in a clean glass bottle in the fridge. Lasts for 3-4 weeks.
- Add 2 tbsp of shikanji concentrate to a glass and cold water while serving.
More Great Recipes: