If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A step-by-step guide to making your very own Homemade Tortellini. While labor intensive, it's a lot of fun and absolutely worth it! —Sarah 'n Spice
- Fresh Pasta recipe (Sarahnspice.com)
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped spinach
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch freshly grated nutmeg (you could also use a pinch of ground nutmeg)
- For Egg Wash:
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon water
- Roll out your fresh pasta dough in long sheets.
- Cut in 2, 3 or 4-inch rounds using a cookie cutter.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine ricotta, parmesan, spinach, egg, pepper and nutmeg. Mix it all together. Put the filling in a zip top bag and snip one corner off for easy piping of the filling. Pipe about ½ teaspoon of the filling into the center of each round.
- Beat together the egg and water. Brush egg wash on half of the round. Fold over and gently press to seal. Bring the 2 ends together and seal with a little bit more of the egg wash and fold up the edge.
- Place on a sheet pan, lined with parchment paper dusted with flour to keep from sticking while you work on the rest.
- Boil for 3-5 minutes until they float to the surface.
- Strain, toss with your favorite sauce and enjoy!