Author Notes: Although I generally always mess with a recipe, even the first time I use it, this muffin recipe is incredibly simple and flexible. I have included almost exactly the ingredients and proportions as in the original, and over time I have played with the berries, the spices, the nuts, the sour and the flour.
Got a gluten and nut allergy? Swap out the nut flour and nuts for a gluten-free flour and some other grain.
Got lactose intolerance? Swap our the sour for a yogurt substitute.
The original is here: http://alldayidreamaboutfood.com/2016/10/best-low-carb-cranberry-muffins.html —Brian Coppola
cups sour cream or buttermilk
cups almond flour (or 2:1 with coconut flour)
teaspoon ground cinnamon and/or allspice
teaspoons baking powder
cups sweetener (Swerve granular)
cups chopped nuts (pecans and/or walnuts, cashews)
cups berries (blueberries and/or cranberries)
- Preheat the oven to 325F and prepare muffin tins with paper liners (makes 12).
- Put eggs, sour cream and vanilla in a blender. Pulse to mix well.
- Add, in portions, the dry ingredients, with intermittent blending until all are added and mixed.
- By hand, blend in the nuts and berries. Scoop into muffin tins. Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Remove muffins to rack immediately to avoid condensation in the tin.