If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Although I generally always mess with a recipe, even the first time I use it, this muffin recipe is incredibly simple and flexible. I have included almost exactly the ingredients and proportions as in the original, and over time I have played with the berries, the spices, the nuts, the sour and the flour.
Got a gluten and nut allergy? Swap out the nut flour and nuts for a gluten-free flour and some other grain.
Got lactose intolerance? Swap our the sour for a yogurt substitute.
The original is here: http://alldayidreamaboutfood... —Brian Coppola
cups sour cream or buttermilk
cups almond flour (or 2:1 with coconut flour)
teaspoon ground cinnamon and/or allspice
teaspoons baking powder
cups sweetener (Swerve granular)
cups chopped nuts (pecans and/or walnuts, cashews)
cups berries (blueberries and/or cranberries)
- Preheat the oven to 325F and prepare muffin tins with paper liners (makes 12).
- Put eggs, sour cream and vanilla in a blender. Pulse to mix well.
- Add, in portions, the dry ingredients, with intermittent blending until all are added and mixed.
- By hand, blend in the nuts and berries. Scoop into muffin tins. Bake 20-25 minutes.
- Remove muffins to rack immediately to avoid condensation in the tin.
More Great Recipes: