If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: You want about a cup of each olive varietal; I try to keep my mix to my four favorites, but feel free to substitute in with whatever you like or can find. In the olive mix, look for a variety of color size and point of origin. I use most frequently a mix of gaeta, Castelvetrano, arbequina, and picholine.
Additional add ins to consider: 1 finely minced garlic clove, zest of 1 lemon, Aleppo or urfa chili pepper, a tiny pinch of crumbled dried tarragon.
Makes 4 cups
- 4 cups mixed olives (see note above)
- 2 sprigs thyme
- Peel of 1 orange
- 1 tablespoon toasted coriander seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon toasted cumin seeds
- 1 small dried chili, crumbled (such as arbol)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Mix the spices and the olives together and cover with olive oil. Let macerate at room temperature for a minimum of one hour. These olives will also keep for at least week in the fridge.
- This recipe is a Community Pick!
More Great Recipes: