Author Notes: We had this every spring when the rhubarb was growing. The tartness of the rhubarb is tempered with the smoothness of the banana. —Marie Foster
package shortcake cups (or make your own)
cups rhubarb Chopped coarse
cup sugar or heat stable sweetener
- Place the rhubarb into a pot and add a little water.
- Heat over med flame until rhubarb starts to boil.
- turn heat to low
- add sugar or sweetener a bit at a time until you reach the sweetness you prefer
- peel and slice the banannas and add to the cooled rhubarb.
- Serve on the shortcake buns and top with whipped cream if you like