If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A shortbread dough formed into a tart, topped with apple & cranberry jam, gruyere cheese & almonds and baked until golden brown. —Vicky | Things I Made Today
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 6 ounces (3/4 cup) apple & cranberry jam
- 1/4 cup gruyere, shredded
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Using an electric mixture, beat together butter, sugar, vanilla, and salt for about 2-4 minutes, until mixture becomes smooth. Turn speed to low, then add flour, a little bit at a time, scraping down the sides as needed, until a dough just starts to form.
- Use your hands to knead the dough into a ball, then wrap tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Remove dough from fridge and place on parchment paper. Sprinkle a little flour on top and gently roll out to a circle or oval (shape doesn't matter) that is about ½ inch thick with a 12 inche diameter. Using your fingers, pinch together sides to make a 1 inch wall around the outside. Prick center with a fork all around, then bake for 8-10 minutes, until it's just starting to brown.
- Remove from oven and scoop jam into center, spreading it around with a spoon to the wall edges. Sprinkle gruyere on top, followed by the almonds. Bake for an additional 5-10 minutes until dough is golden brown and cheese is melted. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving.