Makes: 30 trees
cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
cup creamy peanut butter
teaspoon green food coloring
cups crispy rice cereal
cup white chocolate chips
cup red and green candy-coated chocolate pieces
2 to 3
tablespoons red and green sprinkles
yellow gumgrops OR spice drops
In This Recipe
- Cook corn syrup and sugar together in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and food coloring; mix well.
- Add cereal; stir until evenly coated.
- Pour mixture into greased 15 x 10-inch rimmed baking pan and pat into place.
- Using a Christmas tree shaped cookie cutter, press into cereal mixture to cut out shapes. Transfer to waxed paper.
- Melt white chocolate over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Drizzle or spread over trees and top with sprinkles. Add gumdrop stars.
- Recipe Note: Yield size may vary based on cookie cutter used. If Christmas tree cookie cutter does not include a tree stump, gum drops or spice drops may be used to create a stump. Use the melted white chocolate to "glue" candy to base of tree.