If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: A delicious holiday twist on your favorite scotcheroos. —ACH Foods
Makes 24 bars
- 1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 3/4 crushed peppermint wheels OR candy canes
- Cook corn syrup and sugar together in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter; mix well.
- Add cereal; stir until evenly coated.
- Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch pan and pat into place.
- Melt chocolate and butterscotch chips together in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Spread over cereal. Sprinkle on crushed peppermint candies.
- Cool at least 45 minutes, or until firm. Cut into bars.
- Recipe Note: Almond butter may be substituted for the peanut butter.