Author Notes: A great addition to a holiday cookie tray. —ACH Foods
Makes: 24 wreaths
cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
cup creamy peanut butter
teaspoon green food coloring
cups crispy rice cereal
cup green candy melts OR green confectionary coating
2 to 3
tablespoons large red nonpareil sprinkles
6-inch strands red string licorice
In This Recipe
- Cook corn syrup and sugar together in a large saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and food coloring; mix well.
- Add cereal; stir until evenly coated.
- Let mixture cool slightly. Coat hands with butter or cooking spray. Form mixture into 1 to 2-inch balls, then press to flatten, forming a disk.
- Cut a circle out of the center using a paring knife or shot glass to create a wreath shape. Place on waxed paper.
- Melt green candy melts over low heat, stirring constantly. Drizzle over each wreath and top with red nonpareils sprinkles in groups of 3 to resemble holly berries.
- To make licorice bow: tie each each 6-inch strand of licorice into a bow.
- Trim the the ends as necessary. Add licorice to wreath. Cool for 15 minutes.