If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: I think you'll agree that there's nothing much better than a cup of coffee accompanied by a delicious home made cinnamon bun, especially around the holiday season. It can be tough work being dairy free (all the goodies we have to avoid during Christmas) so having found a recipe that actually produces amazing cinnamon-y results is the best Christmassy gift one could receive! —Art Of The Designed Life
milliliters Koko or a milk alternative of choice
grams dairy free spread, divided
packet yeast (I prefer Hovis Fast Action Bread Yeast)
tablespoon coconut sugar or sugar of choice
grams additional coconut sugar
grams strong white bread flour
- In a small pot on a low heat, mix the milk alternative with 3 Tbs of the spread and 1 tbs sugar until bath temperature. Make sure that it isn't too hot or it will kill the yeast. Sprinkle on the packet of yeast and leave for 10 minutes to allow the yeast to activate.
- In a large bowl or K-Mix bowl, add the flour, salt, and slowly pour the milk in with the flour and mix until you have a soft, even, doughy ball.
- Knead the dough ball for 10 minutes and place back in the bowl, cover, and leave in an air-tight room.
- Do not disturb for at least one hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough into a long rectangle approx 2 cm thick.
- Brush with the remaining dairy free spread (melted) and sprinkle a generous layer of the sugar and ground cinnamon on top.
- Starting at one end, tightly roll up the dough and place seam side down.
- With a knife cut the dough into 2 inch sections and place in a well-buttered tin or on muffin cases. Brush with any remaining melted dairy-free spread and set on top of the oven to let rise again while you preheat oven to 175 C.
- Bake the buns for 25-30 minutes or until slightly golden brown. Let cool for a few minutes and then serve immediately.
- Lastly, drizzle an icing mixture of 112 g powdered sugar and 15 (give or take) of water or dairy free milk alternative, depending on your desired thickness.