If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: Keep a container of these cookies in the freezer for a quick snack or to satisfy guests with a glass of milk or hot tea. The addition of honey and dried cranberries give a nice chewy texture, and the oats, cereal and seeds provide the perfect crunch. Enjoy! —Don Main
Makes 4 dozen
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 navel orange, grated zest only
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup 9 or 12 grain cereal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds, unsalted
- 1/3 cup pumpkin seeds, unsalted
- 1 cup dried cranberries, preferrably unsweetened
- 1/2 cup sultana raisins
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees
- Cream the butter. Add the sugars and beat until light, fluffy and the sugars are well incorporated.
- Add and beat in the orange zest, vanilla and eggs to the butter/sugar mixture.
- Combine the flours, cereal, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and oats in a separate bowl. Then add in two batches to the butter mixture until well combined.
- Add the cranberries, raisins, seeds and nuts to the mixture and mix just until combined.
- Drop heaping teaspoons on parchment lined baking sheets and bake for 11 minutes. Remove the sheets from the oven and let the cookies sit on the sheets for 5 minutes before removing to cooling racks.
- Note: Bittersweet or dark chocolate chips are a nice addition for a touch of added richness.
More Great Recipes: