Leaves of gelatine
liters Double cream
Vanilla Pods Split
liter Whole Milk
tablespoons White Rum
Sticks of Rhubarb
grams caster sugar
grams caster sugar for the Rhubarb
In This Recipe
- Soak the Gelatine leaves for 5 minutes in cold water.
- Line a small loaf tin with cling film. In a small saucepan heat the milk with the vanilla pods, scraping out all the seeds into the milk. When the milk is nearly boiling turn it off. Stir in the sugar.
- Put the gelatine leaves in the milk (without the water) and stir until dissolved.
- Pour the whole mixture through a sieve onto the cream and mix well. Stir in the rum.
- Fill the ramekins or loaf tin and leave to set for 4 hours. To turn out, dip the loaf tin into hot water for a second or two. Cut the terrine with a sharp knife into slices and serve each one with pieces of poaches rhubarb and crumbled shortbread biscuits.
- For the Poached Rhubarb: Mix the caster sugar with 250ml of water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Meanwhile, cut the rhubarb into 5-10cm batons. Add the batons to the boiling sugar syrup, then immediately remove the pan from the heat. ... Use a slotted spoon to remove the rhubarb batons from the syrup.