If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
- 14 Leaves of gelatine
- 3 liters Double cream
- 3 Vanilla Pods Split
- 1 liter Whole Milk
- 7 tablespoons White Rum
- 4 Sticks of Rhubarb
- 350 grams caster sugar
- 250 milliliters water
- 250 grams caster sugar for the Rhubarb
- Soak the Gelatine leaves for 5 minutes in cold water.
- Line a small loaf tin with cling film. In a small saucepan heat the milk with the vanilla pods, scraping out all the seeds into the milk. When the milk is nearly boiling turn it off. Stir in the sugar.
- Put the gelatine leaves in the milk (without the water) and stir until dissolved.
- Pour the whole mixture through a sieve onto the cream and mix well. Stir in the rum.
- Fill the ramekins or loaf tin and leave to set for 4 hours. To turn out, dip the loaf tin into hot water for a second or two. Cut the terrine with a sharp knife into slices and serve each one with pieces of poaches rhubarb and crumbled shortbread biscuits.
- For the Poached Rhubarb: Mix the caster sugar with 250ml of water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Meanwhile, cut the rhubarb into 5-10cm batons. Add the batons to the boiling sugar syrup, then immediately remove the pan from the heat. ... Use a slotted spoon to remove the rhubarb batons from the syrup.