If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Author Notes: So my boys definitely think this is “the most wonderful time of the year” because I bake at least 5 different kinds of Christmas cookies. Most are my mother's recipes, this one included with a really stupid name. But the cookies are really, really good. Okay, so the recipe calls for processed things, usually a no-no for me, but at Christmas, I give in. Here goes. —MaryFrancesCooks
Makes 40 bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (about 1 1/2 packs, grind in food processor)
- 1 - 14 ounces can of Eagle Brand or Magnolia sweetened condensed milk
- 1 - 6 ounces package of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 - 3 1/2 ounces can of flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the stick of butter in a 13” x 9” glass Pyrex pan ,and put in the oven. Watch it so that the butter just melts and doesn’t boil. Remove pan with the melted butter from oven and swirl around, up the sides of the pan 1/2 inch, and set on a level surface.
- Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs evenly all over the bottom surface. Pour the Eagle Brand milk evenly all over the crumbs. Top evenly with the coconut, chocolate chips and chopped nuts. Press down gently on the top surface.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool thoroughly before cutting. Store in a wax paper lined tin at room temperature.